Advent Pillar Candle Set 3″ x 9″ includes 3 purple pillar candles and 1 pink pillar candle
They are ideal for the large Advent Wreath displays seen in churches and schools.
Advent Pillar Candle Set has 80 to 100 hours burn time per candle.
The Advent wreath celebration has a long tradition as a family observance. It begins with the blessing of the wreath at the evening meal on the Saturday before the first Sunday of Advent. One by one a new candle is lit throughout the month of December.
Then on Christmas Day, the colored candles are replaced with the white candles, which are burned until the ceremony concludes with the Feast of Epiphany.
Pillar candle burning tips
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼” – trim before and after each burn – remove any wick trimmings before lighting
- For the first burn, let the candle burn for one hour per diameter inch then extinguish the flame and allow it to cool completely – for example, if the pillar is a 3” diameter, the first burn should last 3 hours
- For a bit longer burn, keep the top of the wax folded in toward the flame
- If burning a pillar candle in a hurricane holder leave at least 1” between the candle and the inside edge of the hurricane
- Pillar candles are more effective, beautiful, and long-lasting if you take good care of them.